There are many medical procedures that can be done to remove the kidney stones. But, they can sometimes be very expensive. That is why home remedies for kidney stones can be accessible to most people.
Especially those who work in the office. They tend to forget to pee sometimes!
Truth be told, kidneys are important organs for our body to function well. Kidneys help filter unwanted wastes from the bloodstream. They also help in the detoxification of impurities from the body.
How Do Kidney Stones Form?
Kidney stones form when toxins aren’t effectively processed by the kidneys.
To be specific, toxins are the build up of crystals from unprocessed minerals.
Kidney stones usually cause pain and increase the probability of urine flow occlusion.
If you are affected by this problem, there are natural remedies for kidney stones, and we decided to list them below.
The Ultimate Concoction
Apparently called the most effective kidney stone remedy, it is the mixture of olive oil, raw apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. This can relieve the pain and other kidney stones symptoms.
How does it work?
Here are some simple steps to follow:
- First, when the pain from kidney stones occurs, mix 2 ounces of lemon juice and olive oil. Drink the mixture straight away.
- After 30 minutes, squeeze half a lemon. Put the juice in 12 oz. of purified water. Then, add a teaspoonful of raw apple cider vinegar. Drink it immediately.
- Last but not least, repeat the steps again. Drink it hourly until there is an improvement in the symptoms.
Cleanse, Cleanse, Cleanse!
There are many liquids that are effective home remedies for kidney stones.
- The most cost- efficient drink is water. Drink enough water to help pass out stones. It is also readily available to consume at home. Remember to always drink at least 8-10 cups of water a day. A clear urine is a sign that you are well hydrated.
- Cranberry juice, limeade, and lemonade have high contents of citric acid and very low in sugar. The citric acid is responsible in shrinking the size of the crystals preventing the formation of new stones. You should avoid drinking dark beers due to their oxalate content. Oxalates is responsible in promoting the formation of new stones in the future. Foods that are rich in oxalates are: soy products, nuts, tea, spinach, okra, rhubarb, beets, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, chocolates.
- The seeds and juice of pomegranate have also been found to be effective. It is probably due to the sourness. People tend to link it to having astringent properties, which are seen as an effective kidney stones remedy.
Vegetables Are Also Effective Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
- Basil is an effective kidney tonic. Take basil tea daily to improve kidney health. Try drinking it with raw honey for six months. People believe that it can induce evacuation of kidney stones.
- Raw celery is a kidney toner and promotes urine elimination. The celery seeds, when used as tea or spice, prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- It is somewhat weird to think, but kidney beans are a potent kidney stone natural remedy. Kidney beans pods were once used as a herbal tonic.
- Horsetail, although it is a plant, is also an effective treatment for kidney stones. Drink at least 4-6 cups of horsetail tea daily.
- Uva Ursi (or Bearberry) is also a plant used as home remedy for kidney stones. It helps fight off kidney infection. It can also cleanse the urinary tract system, and reduce pain.
There are many alternatives to prevent kidney stones. But the most important part of are the changes in your lifestyle.
Quick Tips on Diet
A healthy diet is the most effective method to fight kidney stones formation.
- Limit the intake of energy drinks and sodas.
- Alcoholic beverages and processed foods must be avoided at all times.
- Chips that are high in sodium are a big no!
- Remember to increase the intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly and drink lots of water!
- If you take calcium supplements, stop it immediately. Doctors have seen calcium supplements to increase risk of kidney stones. However, don’t stop eating foods rich in calcium. Calcium does not, in any way, affect the risk of having kidney stones.
Take Extra Care of Your Kidneys
Kidney stones can cause kidney disease which can cause the shut down of our entire body system. This can lead to the medical treatment of regular dialysis sessions. Those who can afford expensive treatments undergo kidney transplant.
We only have one life to live. That is why we should protect our kidneys to prevent any harmful damage. More so the need to learn some home remedies for kidney stones.
Learn to sometimes check your urge to urinate, people often times forget to pee while at work or in school! Be in the know and avoid surgery risks in the future!
How about you? How do you take care of your kidneys?